Simmons Gainsford Chartered Accountants New Worldwide Disclosure Facility

New Worldwide Disclosure Facility

Posted on 3rd Nov 2016

H M Revenue & Customs (“HMRC”) has recently announced a new worldwide offshore disclosure facility which is intended to encourage those whose offshore affairs are not in order to rectify these under a formal disclosure arrangement. It is clear that H M Revenue & Customs...[more]

Uber drivers – Employment rights but…

Posted on 2nd Nov 2016

The decision of the Employment Tribunal that Uber drivers are entitled to the protections afforded under the Employment Rights Act is interesting but don't be misled into thinking that it has any tax implications. For, despite what you might think from what you read in...[more]

Insurance Solutions - Is your Business…

Posted on 1st Nov 2016

Many businesses, regardless of industry, are risking their own survival by unwittingly remaining underinsured. A bout of bad weather or a fire could spell the end of your business. A survey conducted in 2012 by the Building Cost Information Service found that 80% of commercial...[more]

November 2016 Newsletter

Posted on 27th Oct 2016

With the Autumn Statement fast approaching, Chancellor Philip Hammond has begun to outline his priorities for the UK economy. These include plans to increase spending on infrastructure, potential changes to the way in which tax policy is made in the UK, and a significant shift...[more]

Insurance Solutions October newsletter

Posted on 26th Oct 2016

Europol Reveals Eight Worst Up and Coming Cybercrimes, Top Ten Places to Visit in 2017, Plus More Welcome to the October edition of the SG Chaseside Insurance Solutions newsletter! Europol has released a list of eight up and coming cybercrimes that we should all be...[more]

UK Interest Deduction Cap and NRLs…

Posted on 24th Oct 2016

(A)   UK interest deduction cap & NRLs The UK government (“UK Gov”) are currently consulting on applying an interest deduction cap of 30% EBITDA, with a de-minimis group amount of £2 million interest payments, per annum, below which the cap would not apply.  Our analysis...[more]

Buy to let interest deductions –…

Posted on 10th Oct 2016

Court 18 of the Royal Courts of Justice was unusually packed with members of the public: mostly landlords apart from a couple of property tax specialists, such as myself, whose clients would be impacted by the ruling. Background We were gathered to hear Cherie Booth...[more]

Insurance Solutions September newsletter

Posted on 27th Sep 2016

A Guide to Business Insurance, Weirdest Insurance Claims From the Over-50's, plus more. Welcome to the September edition of the SG Chaseside Insurance Solutions newsletter. As a business owner, you already have to juggle several responsibilities, without also having to become an expert in the...[more]

Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) Set to…

Posted on 21st Sep 2016

As a part of the Government’s 2016 Budget, on the 1st of October, Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is set to rise by 0.5%, changing the rate from 9.5% to 10%. The Government has specified that the income generated by the rise in IPT will be...[more]

Simmons Gainsford Staff Testimonials video -…

Posted on 19th Sep 2016

We are very pleased to present to you our very own Staff Testimonials video! Click here to have a look![more]

Please wait...