- About Us
- Our Services
- Join us
- Contact Us
- News and Resource
- Client Login
High-profile cyber attacks have been hitting the headlines with increasing frequency over the past year, putting security risks firmly in the spotlight. With celebrities, big businesses and small enterprises all coming under attack, it seems that no one is safe.
The following are tips that businesses can us to stave off cyber crime:
1. Keep your operating systems updated and regularly patched.
2. Ensure your firewall is on and invest in a decent, reliable anti-virus programme.
3. Keep your browsers updated at all times with the latest version of the software.
4. Keep all system software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe etc updated.
5. Encrypt your wireless network. Only give the password to those you trust and don’t write it down.
6. Restrict software and set up administrative rights so that nothing can be installed or updated on company computers without authorization.
7. Use filtering that controls access to data.
8. Block access to restricted sites with internet filters to prevent employees and hackers from uploading data to storage clouds.
9. Remove or disable USB ports so that malicious data can’t be downloaded. If USB devices are a necessary part of the job, then make sure your devices are regularly checked for viruses.
10. Implement strict password policies. Make it a term and condition of employment to impress the importance of the matter.
11. Encrypt entire drives, folders and files with passwords.